Clerical Assistant (Admissions & Records) (Part-time)
Clerical Assistant (Admissions & Records) (Part-time)
Salary: $17.62 Hourly
Job Type: Classified - Part-time
Job Number: 00111
Closing: 11/23/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia, CA
Department: Admissions and Records
Division: Student Services
Under the direction of the Dean, Student Services, the Clerical Assistant - Admissions & Records will perform a variety of clerical duties in the Admissions and Records department in the interpretation, application and modification of existing procedures and methods; type, file, maintain records and provide information and assistance regarding programs, procedures and activities of the department.
This position is assigned to the Visalia Campus, Monday through Friday 24 hours weekly (to be determined).
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Job duties of the Clerical Assistant - Admissions & Records include:
- Perform a variety of clerical duties in support of an assigned program or office; type, file, process mail, answer phones and maintain records as assigned.
- Maintain a variety of records, files and logs; sort, classify and post information and documents; prepare new file folders according to established guidelines.
- Type a wide variety of materials from rough drafts or oral instructions; distribute as appropriate.
- Compile and tabulate statistical data; compile information from various sources and prepare appropriate forms; list, abstract or summarize data.
- Review documents for accuracy and completeness so they conform to standards.
- Greet students, visitors and others, and provide information and assistance regarding programs, procedures and activities of assigned function or area; provide forms and assistance in their completion as appropriate.
- Utilize the District's integrated software in performing the required duties of the position.
- Operate a variety of office machines and equipment including keyboard, copier, computer terminal, fax, and telephone.
- Assist students with a variety of information and materials in support of an assigned program and general College information.
- Receive, open and distribute mail.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience):
Any combination equivalent to:
- graduation from high school and
- formal computer training and
- one year of clerical experience
- AA/AS Degree
- Exceptional organizational skills, with ability to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to use fax, copier, microfilm machine, scanner and other required machine.
- Strong computer competency with Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Office environment.
- Constant interruptions.
- Ability to hear and speak to communicate with students/public.
- Ability to see to read documents.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to reach in all directions.
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and office equipment
Knowledge and Abilities
The hiring committee is seeking evidence of the following:
- Basic policies, procedures and activities related to an assigned program or function.
- Operation of standard office machines and equipment.
- Basic word processing skills.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties in support of an assigned program or office.
- Operate a variety of office machines and equipment including copier, computer terminal, computers, scanner, shredder, telephone and postage meter as required.
- Complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in the application and interpretation of existing methods and procedures.
- Type at 40 words net per minute from clear copy.
- Learn to interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Direct student workers.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit:
- An online job application.
- Letter of interest which addresses how the applicant's experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the job duties.
Part-time classified employees participate in the CalPERS retirement system.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/2262355/clerical-assistant-admissions-records-part-time
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency