Clerical Healthcare Administrative Specialist Manager
This position provides a high standard of service excellence to both internal and external customers; interacts with patients to resolve patient issues and questions; demonstrates a commitment to the financial success of the HCC; demonstrates a commitment to the HCC as a whole by adherence to policies and procedures.
The incumbent will demonstrate competence and initiative by performing a variety of functions, including the following: registering patients and scheduling patient visits efficiently and accurately; facilitating reception area activities; performing necessary computer tasks; scanning medical records accurately and in a timely manner; recording charges and fees accurately on patients accounts; collecting charges, as appropriate, and accurately recording the collection thereof, maintaining HCC provider (medical and mental health providers) schedules, a variety of billing responsibilities (correct coding, payment and 3rd party billing revenue capture, accounts receivable), insurance advocate for the students, member of committees within the HCC and CLIE (Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence); facilitates appropriate resolution of student issues and/or complaints; performs routine clerical duties as assigned. Coordinates and supports educational outreach programs and serves as liaison with various private, public, and university agencies. Supervises Clerical Healthcare Administrative Specialist team in a professional and inclusive environment. Makes independent decisions regarding patient/client administrative issues.
Manages the Front Desk Operations
- Manages the Clerical Healthcare Administrative Specialist team to maintain unit procedures. Coordinates patient flow and assures immediate priorities are satisfied such as schedule changes, eligibility changes and students in crisis. Responsible for appearance of front desk and waiting areas. Hires, trains and reviews performance of the Clerical Healthcare Administrative Specialist team.
Patient Scheduling Duties
- Schedules patient appointments efficiently and accurately according to practice protocols. Prepares, updates, and maintains patient schedules, including confirming, rescheduling, and canceling patient appointments according to practice protocols. Coordinates patient flow and assures immediate priorities are satisfied such as registration, schedule changes, eligibility changes and students presenting in crisis or medical urgency. Instructs patients how to enter their information online through the secure web portal.
- Verifies student health fee and insurance coverage. Answers insurance inquiries from students, staff and parents. Assists students with HCF & SHIP enrollment. Processes HCF (Health & Counseling Fee) and SHIP (Student Health Insurance Plan) enrollments.
- Assures the accuracy of CPT and ICD-9 codes on patient visit according to the nature of the service rendered. Answers staff questions related to billing and collection. Notifies appropriate parties of any missing information. Generates patients bills for services rendered and records all collections Provides information and instruction to patients about charges and billing options. Processes payments and the daily financial packet. Tracks accounts receivable and aging of accounts and generates reminder notices accordingly. Assisting with the implementation of a 3rd party billing system at the HCC by 2015.
- Scans and updates patients electronic medical records, i.e. scan specialist referred visit notes, emergency room notes, prescription requests, etc., notifies referring provider or nurse for review. Answers the telephone promptly and courteously; routes callers; takes complete and accurate messages and relays the information to the appropriate person with accuracy, courtesy, and speed; provides routine information via phone, e-mail and face to face; monitors patient needs in the reception area; maintains neat, clean, and safe work area. Performs clerical duties such as copying forms, mailing brochures, requests for records, letters, and other clerical duties upon request of the DAF and MBD.
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2-5 years of customer service related experience, with 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience with computerized data collection, billing and account tracking systems.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience as an administrative supervisor in a medical/counseling office/setting.
- Experience in medical coding and terminology.
- 3-5 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience in Electronic Medical Record software.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, November 28, 2018. Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.