LMS Administrator / Programmer Analyst
• Maintains users, enrollments, and courses in the LMS environment; archives courses and data each semester.
• Provides quality Tier 2 technical support (remote and on-site) to resolve issues for faculty, staff, and students.
• Evaluates and coordinates installation of all system updates, upgrades, bug fixes, building blocks, and other software integrated with the University's Blackboard products.
• Communicates maintenance and downtime to the campus community.
• Coordinates with the IT Department on integration of Blackboard products with Banner.
• Configures, troubleshoots, debugs, and tests the University's Blackboard products.
• Opens and monitors support tickets with Blackboard Support to quickly resolve technical issues and escalate tickets as necessary.
• Accurately reports and documents Banner integration issues with Blackboard products.
• Stays current on LMS/Analytics and SIS integration communities, networking, researching processes, procedures, best practices and available resources for maximizing the capabilities of the LMS/Analytics and Banner integration.
• Creates and presents customized queries and reports from databases.
• Assists in writing, developing, and updating technical support documentation for users.
• Assess alternatives and consult stakeholders, and evaluate and communicate potential risks prior to making decisions.
• Provides on call support as necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field or Associate's degree and two years related experience.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL server desired.
• Experience working in higher education desired.
• Knowledge of Banner SIS integration with the Blackboard Learn LMS.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems at any stage.
• Commitment to learning new technologies and skills and to applying innovative approaches and solutions.
• Ability to work under the pressure of mandated deadlines.
• Effective interpersonal and organizational skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate with and provide support to diverse constituencies with varying levels of technical knowledge.
• At least two years of experience managing or supporting a learning management system (LMS) preferred.
• Experience querying an LMS database preferred.
• Experience supporting Blackboard Learn preferred.
• Experience developing and integrating SCORM compliant resources into web-based learning and tracking of data is preferred.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS ARE CONSIDERED PART OF YOUR OFFICIAL APPLICATION. PLEASE COMPLETE THE STATE APPLICATION TO INCLUDE ALL CURRENT AND PREVIOUS WORK HISTORY AND EDUCATION. A RESUME WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED NOR REVIEWED TO DETERMINE IF AN APPLICANT HAS MET THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION.*
Winthrop University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.