Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Procurements And Disbursements
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- This position is responsible for facilitation of the University's “Good Faith Effort” criteria, meeting HUB goals, and HUB performance reporting, as specified by the Board of regents, State of Texas, and Senior Executives.
- Facilitate compliance with the University's “Good Faith Effort” criteria to meet HUB goals as specified by the Board of regents, State of Texas, and Senior Executives. Develop HUB plans and goals. Participate in establishing HUB rules for the university to assure compliance with applicable State & System rules and regulations. Assist in guiding the formulation and interpretation of HUB policies and procedures for the university. Develop and implement techniques for evaluating program activities. Identify revisions for the program.
- Generate all monthly HUB Reports to include the Purchasing card (P-card) report, Presidents Cabinet Monthly Report, Semi- Annual and Annual HUB Report, and the Legislative Appropriations Report. Guide the formulations and interpretation of HUB policies and procedures for the university. Generate and maintain required HUB documentation for the TEXAS Procurement and Support Services, TAMU System and University compliance. Monitor contract administration for complete HUB compliance and documentation. Track, record, audit and report HUB subcontracting payments, compliance, and progress. Review all bids for HUB Subcontracting Plan compliance for the payment approval process. Coordinate this information with the University Project Manager, General Contractor, Subcontractors, architect/engineers, and State Comptroller's Office.
- Plan and direct the marketing and outreach efforts for HUB participation. Represent Texas A&M University- Corpus Christi by attending Equal Opportunity Forums & other State and System HUB events to improve vendor relations. Organize vendor product shows for the benefit of using HUB vendors for university procurement as well as expanding the faculty and staff product knowledge. Assist HUB vendor with State Certification process, application to the centralized Master Bidders List (CMBL) and train HUB vendors in the university bid process and other state opportunities. Manage and direct the Mentor/Protege program through examination of potential vendor participation and coordination with agencies and facilitates compliance with HUB statutes by bringing General Contractors and University purchasers together with HUB certified vendors and skilled trades firms.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Procurement and Disbursement.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Three (3) years of related experience.
- Additional experience may be considered as a substitution for the minimum education requirement.
- Experience with HUB (Historically Underutilized Business) or Supplier Diversity, and working with computerized purchasing online systems.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Professional training in procurement and supply chain management.
- Hold at least one of the following certifications:
- CPPB - Certified Professional Public Buyer, UPPCC (Universal Public Procurement Certification Council)
- CPPO - Certified Public Procurement Officer, UPPCC (Universal Public Procurement Certification Council)
- CTP - Certified Texas Purchaser, State of Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- CTPM - Certified Texas Procurement Manager, State of Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- C.P.M. - Certified Purchasing Manager, ISM (Institute for Supply Management)
- CPSM - Certified Professional in Supply Management, ISM (Institute for Supply Management)
- Two (2) years of purchasing experience in a Texas State Agency.
- Knowledge of laws controlling State of Texas purchasing operations.
- Working knowledge as HUB Coordinator.
- $3,392.67 - $5,045.00
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/HUB-Coordinator_R-013965-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency