Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Professional Counselor I is responsible for providing career counseling to students at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. This position will work closely with the College of Business, developing programs for faculty and students within the college and working with employers to develop on campus recruiting opportunities. The Professional Counselor will be responsible for designing presentations for faculty and student groups across the TAMUCC campus as well as employers and community members. The Counselor will also work closely with our International Student population identifying unique concerns for this population and providing services for International Students.
- Collaborate, work closely, and communicate with the faculty, advisors, and staff in the College of Business (COB), as well as other colleges on campus.
- Design and implements career development workshops and groups to include job search techniques, resume writing, interview skills, and career decision making.
- Provide direct and confidential personal/group career counseling. Utilizes career assessments in conjunction with one-on-one sessions to determine students' career counseling needs.
- Develop individual career development plans with students, refers students to appropriate departments, resources, and activities as necessary and maintains client contact to monitor progress.
- Coordinate on-campus recruiting events. Contact and maintain communication with employers to set-up recruiting evens and with students to participate in on-campus recruiting events. Market on-campus recruiting through the creation of flyers, emails, phone calls and other means.
- Assist department with sponsored events and activities such as career fairs, awards programs, etc.
- Participate in organizations/committees impacting career development, departmental committees, special projects and staff meetings.
- Research, develop, and coordinate career counseling services for international students in collaboration with career services leadership.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends, and occasional travel for professional meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Counseling and Guidance, Social Work, Counseling, Clinical Psychology, or closely related field.
- One (1) year career counseling/career advising experience
- Additional education may be considered as a substitution for the minimum experience requirements.
- Texas Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Professional Counselor Intern (LPC-I) and/or National Counselor Credential (NCC).
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of psychological assessment tools and educational programming.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Two (2) years of career counseling/career advising experience.
- Experience working in a traditional higher education setting.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Professional-Counselor-I_R-014166
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency