Administrative Assistant (part-time)
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the part- time Administrative Assistant position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests, screen telephone calls, and answer or direct inquiries as appropriate.
- Maintain appointment calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Create and maintain database and spreadsheet files.
- Organize programs and special events including arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating presenters, and monitoring event budgets and payments.
- Prepare and process expenditure requests, expense reports, invoices, and reimbursement requests. Reconcile credit card statements, obtain appropriate approvals, and maintain financial records.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Prepare and maintain various records including agenda, notices, minutes, and resolutions for meetings.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Compose correspondence to a wide variety of internal and external parties
- Compile and prepare reports and other complex documents.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compile documents for travel-related meetings, and accompany supervisor when requested.
- Prepare materials for mailings and route incoming mail using independent judgment to determine items requiring priority attention.
- Manage supervisor's calendar and independently schedules appointments.
- Create work orders related to office needs.
- Order office supplies and maintain appropriate inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or high school diploma/GED plus six months' experience.
- Aviation customer support experience preferred.
- Private pilot license or higher preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to compose independent correspondence and proofread letters, memos, and reports using correct rules of punctuation, grammar, and style.
- Excellent organizational skills, problem solving, and follow-through.
- Appropriate professionalism, tact, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality in the handling of sensitive information.
- Ability to research, gather, and organize information to produce concise reports using relational databases.
- Ability to keep accurate, orderly files and records.
- Familiarity with modern software tools for office automation (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Familiarity with html and internet browsers.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and mathematical skills needed to perform calculations using percentages and decimals.
- Basic knowledge of flight training operations preferred.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling+1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.