To provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate cash and grant accounting and reporting.
The staff accountant will contribute to the daily accounting functions, including preparing and reviewing journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and other accounting and regulatory tasks as assigned.
Internal working relationships:
Supervised by Controller
Partner with all department Cost Center Managers
Your Core Responsibilities:
Campus Location: Boston Campus
• proactive, positive attitude
• willingness to learn
• Ability to build relationships
• Bachelor’s degree in Business-related Field (i.e. Accounting, Finance, Economics)
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel
• Experience and proficiency with Google Suite, including Gmail, Docs, and Calendar
• 2 years of related experience
• 2-4 years accounting experience in a not-for-profit or higher education setting • Familiarity with Banner and/or Workday systems • CPA
Required Prior Work Experience:
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
Classification Title: Intermediate IC
Salary Grade: 15
To apply, please visit: www.emerson.edu
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency