CCAMPIS Child Care Specialist
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a CCAMPIS Child Care Specialist position. Reporting to the Director of the Women's Outreach & Advocacy Center, the CCAMPIS Child Care Specialist is responsible for administering the day-to-day operations/services of the grant-funded CCAMPIS program to ensure low-income student parents greater access to higher education success. Under the direction of the Director, the CCAMPIS Child Care Specialist assesses student parent needs; assists with recruiting, selection and orientation of students to the program and tracking student parent progress to graduation; and assists in the preparation of required grant reports adhering to federal reporting timelines and criteria.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field required; any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Three (3) years of related work experience required.
• Knowledge of NAEYC and Keystone Stars accreditation standards and processes required.
• Experience working with “at risk” and culturally diverse populations required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel required.
• Demonstrated competency in organizing data, maintaining files, and preparing reports required.
• Access to reliable transportation required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds required.
• Exceptional organization and planning skills required.
• Excellent group facilitation and presentation skills required.
• Ability to collaborate with others required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and information required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Three (3) years of related work experience in an early childhood/day care setting preferred.
• Familiarity with integrated management software such as Banner, Starfish and OrgSync, as well as social media platforms, preferred.
• Proficiency in managing budgets preferred.