Financial Aid Specialist - PHEAA State Grants
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Financial Aid Specialist - PHEAA State Grants position. The Financial Aid Specialist - PHEAA State Grants provides administrative and processing assistance to the Manager, Financial Aid Programs in evaluating and certifying eligibility for PHEAA State Grants. This position serves as the functional lead in state grant report processing, responds to inquiries from students and other interested parties and assists in other departmental operations. Extended hours may be required during peak periods.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Two (2) years experience in student financial aid required.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Internet required.
• Experience with state grant program and financial aid software required.
• Experience related to PHEAA State Grant Program required.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills in all media (phone, face-to-face, and email) required to effectively communicate with students, the general public, and College staff and faculty.
• Strong customer service skills with a positive attitude toward daily challenges required.
• Ability to process high volumes of work with accuracy required.
• Ability to interpret and analyze a variety of information and instructions required.
• Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities and meet deadlines required.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others required.
• Must be flexible to work extended hours as needed, including evenings and Saturdays; occasional travel to the Regional Centers may be required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• MS Access proficiency preferred.
• Experience using an enterprise-wide system, such as Ellucian Banner, preferred.