Admission Representative (Temporary)
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Admissions Representative (Temporary) position. Reporting to the Manager of Student Outreach and Recruitment, the Admissions Representative provides assistance to the Admissions department by representing the College at local, off-campus outreach events. This position supports the enrollment goals of the College by attending events targeted to diverse groups of potential students and their families, and providing general information about the College's academic programs, scholarships, support services, financial aid, etc.
The Admissions Representative is a temporary position used primarily during evening and weekend hours, on an “as needed” basis. There will be opportunities for assignments during the day. Work hours will not exceed 25 hours per week.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Associate's degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Demonstrated knowledge of college admission and financial aid processes required.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver effective presentations to a diverse audience required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint required.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work/travel independently and establish priorities to achieve required goals and objectives.
• Ability to carry or pull event materials – up to 45 pounds – is required.
• Ability to collaborate well with others required.
• Access to reliable transportation is required.
• Ability to work evenings and/or weekends is required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Bachelors' degree preferred.
• At least one (1) year of related work experience within higher education preferred.
• Previous work experience in community outreach preferred.