Information Technology Services (ITS) – Systems Administrator
Position Summary - The Systems Administrator is responsible for server, storage, and network services support.
Supervision Received/Supervision Exercised - Reports to the Assistant Director of Systems and Networks.
Essential Functions –
- Provides installation and support for VMWare, Windows and Linux server operating systems and related services.
- Performs backup, restoration, disaster recovery, and process validation.
- Performs system software and firmware updates as needed.
- Performs configuration and support for network printing.
- Maintains systems consistent with current security standards and best practices.
- Administers identity management systems
- Provides leadership in desktop management and administers desktop management systems
- Assists in capacity planning across technical systems and regularly reports on system utilization.
- Provide backup for all infrastructure team support responsibilities
- Collaborate within ITS and across the campus community to implement and support network systems and services.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and skills in system and network technologies.
- On occasion, must work after hours, including evenings, holidays, and weekends, and be available on an on-call basis.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Systems and Networks.
Required Qualifications – Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant certifications with (2) years of work experience.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience with VMWare, Microsoft, and Linux operating system support. Veeam, Active Directory, SAML/ADFS single sign-on experience.
Physical Requirements - Lifting up to 25 lbs.
Application Process - Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application, a letter of interest, a current resume, and three professional references to Christian Gilbert, Information Technology Services Department at [email protected]
For an Alma College application, please go to: .https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment application
The review of applications will begin Nov 26 and continue until the position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. For more information about the College and available positions, visit www.alma.edu/jobs.