Internship, Practicum and Assessment Coordinator
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
- The Internship, Practicum and Assessment Coordinator is a part-time administrative position that is responsible for coordinating the field placement and outcomes assessment related functions associated with the graduate programs in Counseling and Rehabilitation Counseling at Hofstra University. The Coordinator will serve as the administrative liaison between the University and agencies providing internships and practicum experiences to students in the Mental Health Counseling (MHC) and Rehabilitation Counseling (RC) Programs. The coordinator will work closely and communicate regularly with the MHC and RC Program Directors, faculty instructors of the internship and practicum courses, the associated clinical directors including the CMHP Clinic Director, as well as the designated supervisors and staff at practicum and internship field sites/agencies. And, most importantly, work closely with the students in finding appropriate field placements. In addition, the Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the generation, collation and reporting of accreditation related assessment data, including student outcomes, and supervisor, site and program evaluations. To fulfill these primary duties, the Internship, Practicum and Assessment Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Coordinating the administrative procedures and processes involved in the Mental Health Counseling (MHC) and Rehabilitation Counseling (RC) Practicum and Internship: including
- establishing and vetting placement sites and supervisor credentials
- coordinating contract agreements
- exploring and expanding additional practicum and internship sites
- arranging student placements
- communicating with the on-site clinical directors
- coordinating relevant practicum/internship administrative matters such as the in-house internship placement agreements, supervisor credentialing information, etc.
- overseeing/documenting students' completion of placement/site pre-requisites such as fingerprinting, liability insurance, medical clearance, the child-abuse reporting seminar, etc.
- Coordinating semi-annual student orientations for internship and practicum experiences to prepare students for their field experiences.
- Organizing an annual clinical supervision training sponsored by the department for practicum and internship supervisors as well as collecting Supervisor Qualifications Forms to ensure they satisfy requirements to provide clinical supervision.
- Participating in other duties as needed such as contributing to revisions of the Practicum and Internship Handbooks, collaborating on the creation of professional development opportunities for clinicians and graduates in the field, etc.
- Managing all program assessment data collection for the Counseling and Rehabilitation Counseling Programs to maintain compliance with the Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP) and Middle States standards. Duties include:
- collecting process and outcome assessment data from faculty, students, alumni, and employers
- maintaining the assessment data collected through Hofstra’ Campus Labs system
- developing and maintaining a documentation system that houses all internship/practicum assessment data electronically
- collaborating with Program Directors and HPHS recruiters to identify creative ways to utilize assessment data
Please note that this position will require some evening hours.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling or related field
- Licensed or Certified in Counseling or related field (i.e. LMHC or MHC-LP and/or CRC preferred)
- Experience working with college students preferred
- Experience networking with human service agencies and/or behavioral health systems
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Dr. Jamie Mitus at [email protected]
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.