Paralegal I, Office of the General Counsel
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office at 5000 Research Forest Drive. The Woodlands, Texas 77381.
The Paralegal I provides a wide range of routine paraprofessional services to the Office of the General Counsel. Performs paralegal work including assisting in routine aspects of litigation, legal and or factual research and analysis, and drafting legal documentation. Prepares various documents and correspondence.
- Acquires, researches, and processes information of a moderately complex nature to complete job functions
- Organizes and analyzes information of a moderately complex nature
- Documents and prepares a variety of reports of a moderately complex nature
- Communicates with both internal departments and external organizations, as well as with individual internal contacts at a variety of levels, as needed
- Assists with review and preparation of standard and non-standard contracts and other legal matters of a moderately complex nature
- Assists Attorneys with management of legal matters of a moderately complex nature
- Organizes and tracks moderately complex legal matters in a variety of detailed databases
- Schedules work and activities of a moderately complex nature
- Prepares correspondence of a moderately complex nature
- Performs general administrative functions as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties and legal functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to perform research and analysis of moderately complex information
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate daily operations
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make day-to-day decisions of a moderately complex nature
- High level of customer service skills
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled or Posted until specific date
- Some college, and at least 2 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Certification of Legal Assistant, Paralegal, or Paralegal Specialist
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-The Woodlands
Work Locations: 5000 Research Forest Drive (0000) , 5000 Research Forrest Drive , Houston , 77381
Job: General Counsel
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Staff
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2018, 1:12:28 AM