Areas of Intereset: Healthcare
Functional Areas: Student Affairs
Department: Counseling and Psych Services
Requisition Number: 14340
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 17-Dec-2018
Counseling and Psychiatric Services welcomes applications for a Psychologist. The Psychologist provides direct clinical services to university students. Services provided include individual and group psychotherapy, triage and walk-in services, crisis management, workshops, and community outreach. This position also provides clinical supervision and training seminars to psychology and social work trainees. The position ensures accurate and timely EHR documentation of treatment and referral processes as they occur.
The Psychologist collaborates with other campus departments as appropriate for the treatment of CAPS patients and ensures that issues of Diversity and Social Justice are considered in all assessment, treatment, referral, and training services provided.
Who We Are
Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS) offers confidential, on-campus mental health and psychiatric services for a variety of concerns such as academics, anxiety, body image, depression, relationships, substance use and more.
CAPS fosters the well-being of students and helps them succeed by providing a full range of clinical services, consultation, and outreach to the campus community. We also offer outstanding training to the next generation of mental health professionals. CAPS is a multicultural, multidisciplinary, and multi-theoretical staff. We are committed to affirming diversity and seek to provide a safe and welcoming environment for everyone we serve.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy, crisis intervention, triage/walk-in, workshops, and consultation to students, faculty, staff, and parents.
- Services are primarily offered within a brief therapy framework.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation via the EHR.
- Provide clinical consultation to trainees.
Supervision and Administration
- Complete clinical documentation, case management and case disposition.
- Coordinate special projects, as necessary.
- Provide supervision to CAPS trainees.
- May participate in campus committees or meetings, as assigned.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Authentic. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA-accredited program.
- Completion of an APA accredited doctoral internship.
- Licensed as a psychologist in Colorado prior to hiring.
- If not licensed in Colorado, then licensed in another state with the ability to be licensed in Colorado within 6 months.
- Experience providing group and individual supervision to psychology graduate trainees.
- Experience with range of clinical issues, ranging from developmental issues to more serious psychopathology.
- Experience providing brief therapy.
What You Will Need
- Demonstrated multicultural competence and commitment to a multicultural organizational development.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience providing assessment and treatment of eating disorders.
- One-two years post-doctoral work supervising psychology graduate students.
- Previous experience in a University Counseling Center.
- Experience conducting sessions in Spanish, Mandarin or Arabic.
- Experience working with minority, international students and/or underserved populations.
- Demonstrated commitment to multicultural competence and social justice issues.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by December 17, 2018. for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer