Customer Service Specialist/Cashier (Retail Late Night)
Provides general food service related jobs which may include administrative, delivery, cashier, stocking and receiving and dishwashing duties.
This position will be located at the Marietta campus' late night food location. Scheduled hours will include closing responsibility up to 2am.
- Trained on the Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the transaction. Ability to collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Shows strong customer service skills by greeting and serving customers in a welcoming and timely manner.
- Prepares food to customer and university standard specifications
- Maintain & practice great FIFO storage method and other food and safety standards according to the Cobb Country Health Code.
- Clean and maintain a safe and sanitary work environment at all times
- Must be able to follow basic oral and written instructions
- Demonstrates the willingness of being trained in multiple locations and/or stations within the location.
- Working at late night location, may be schedule up to 2am
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES*:
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations and food handling procedures
- Knowledge of food services terminology
- Able to deal with multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication (verbal and written), and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational and follow up skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
Funding for this position is based on revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
High school diploma or equivalent. One or more years' related work experience.
At least 1 year of customer service and/or cashier experience in the food service or retail industry preferred.