Administrative Assistant (Administrative Assistant II)
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics - Office of Pediatric Medical Education
Administrative Assistant (Administrative Assistant II)
Position #755591 - CU Careers Requisition #15076
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Office of Pediatric Medical Education, has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Assistant II (Administrative Assistant) positon.
Nature of Work:
The Pediatric Medical Education Administrative Assistant (Administrative Assistant II) provides administrative support for the Department of Pediatrics Medical Education programs. This may include working with or supporting partnering Children's Hospital Colorado education-related programs. The role is part of the Pediatric Medical Education team, currently consisting of nine administrative staff members and numerous faculty members. This team works together to manage pediatric medical student, resident and fellow education programs, and research and scholarship in medical education. This role is somewhat unique within the Medical Education team, as it works closely with multiple programs and program staff and faculty to achieve each program's goals, while not being 100% dedicated to any one program.
Examples of Duties:
- Support the Pediatric Residency Program, including the administrative, curricular, regulatory, recruitment, and financial operations of the Program
- Provide support to ensure residents are completing program requirements (exams, procedures, evaluations, certifications, etc.)
- Assist the Residency Program Coordinators throughout the interview/recruitment season
- Support the management of the Program's file systems, both hard copy and electronic
- Support, plan and/or execute Residency events
- Support Program financial and travel tracking and processing processes
- Coordinate hospital and university credentialing for Chief Residents and CMS registration for all residents
- Follow pertinent State fiscal policies, State and UC SOM rules and procedures, and State and Federal laws and standards applicable to the Residency Program
- Follow pertinent Graduate Medical Education policies, including rules and regulations promulgated by the ACGME
Medical Student Support
- Support the administrative and operational processes of the Infant, Child and Adolescent Clerkship (ICAC)
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of orientation, midterm and exam sessions, which recur every six weeks
- Assist with the student/preceptor evaluation processes
- Assist with the student grading processes
- Follow pertinent LCME and SOM regulations and requirements
- Support activities and processes led by Children's Hospital Colorado-based teams focusing on medical education
- Office support, such as supply ordering, mail delivery/pickup and data entry
- Provide backup support for other administrative positions and participate in shared duties of support staff
- Assist with department conferences/retreats
- Support faculty working on special projects and initiatives
- Support, collaborate on, and receive direction regarding several projects with different project leads
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or the hiring range) for this position has been established at $34,100 to $44,800 and is commensurate with skills, experience, and time at the University of Colorado.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation, for questions contact [email protected]. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
• Two (2) years of general clerical and/or administrative experience
• Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
• Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10-panel drug test
• Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal background check and sex offender registry check
• Prior experience working in a university, healthcare environment, and/or an academic healthcare setting
• Prior experience with learning and evaluation management systems, particularly MedHub, Oasis and Canvas
• Prior experience organizing and arranging conferences, events, and/or meetings
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
• Ability to work on a variety of simultaneous projects with competing timetables
• Ability to work both as a team player and independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to produce accurate work in a timely manner
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail/accuracy
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Special Instructions to Applicants:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Josh Rosenfeld, [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Application deadline is November 22, 2018.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20269 - SOM-PEDS General Operations
Posting Date: Nov 8, 2018
Closing Date: Nov 22, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Josh Rosenfeld
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00755591