Dental Care II
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Dental Care II (GPR)
Position #00002762- Requisition 15121
The General Practice Residency (GPR) program at the CU School of Dental Medicine is an intensive 12-month postgraduate program dedicated to enhancing a resident's experience and confidence with providing care to the general public and to medically complex and special needs patients in both an outpatient and hospital setting.
The purpose of this full-time, university staff Dental Assistant II position is to provide four-handed chair side dental assistance in all specialized dentistry (Surgical, Periodontics, Restorative, Endodontics) to the General Practice Residents, undergraduate dental students and faculty, patient preparation and positioning, clinical area preparation, use of sterile techniques and performing infection control procedures. Maintain patient data and records. Performs and develops dental radiographs. Provides demonstration and instruction in the assigned areas of technical dentistry practices when assisting the dental students.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Patient preparation and positioning
- Clinical area preparation for the treatment of patients
- Prepare specialized instruments set-ups for residents, undergraduate students and faculty to be used during dental patient treatment
- Inspect appropriate instruments/tools for good condition/working order
- Perform appropriate aseptic and sterilization techniques
- Perform dental intraoral and extraoral radiographs using appropriate techniques, x-ray equipment and safety equipment
- Develop, mount, and identify radiographic films
- Troubleshoot the scanner to make sure films are being developed with high quality
- Have comprehensive knowledge of dental materials, their use, maintenance and storage
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary range for this position is $34,956 - $48,360 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Two (2) years of experience working as a dental assistant.
SUBSTITUTION: Successful completion of an accredited dental assisting program may substitute for one year of experience.
Necessary- Special Qualifications: Must possess current valid CPR and/or BLS certification. Proof of certification MUST be attached to application materials no later than the closing date listed in the announcement. Failure to do so may prevent you from competing in subsequent measures used to arrive at a top group of applicants.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to reach, crouch, stoop, and kneel on a frequent basis
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry objects on a frequent basis.
- Recent dental assisting experience (within the last 5 years) working in a dental office/clinic
- Experience taking x-rays
- Experience performing and developing digital dental radiographs.
- Experience in sterilizing dental tools, instruments and equipment.
- Experience with clinical area preparation in a dental clinic or office.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with multiple doctors
COMPETENCIES/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in decision making.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of dental terminology.
- Knowledge of current dental materials, tools and instruments, and proper use and technique.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level, knowledge, and proficiency in all phases of dental assisting.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. 4) Copy of CPR and/or BLS certification. Questions should be directed to Shiela Otero at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application deadline: November 21, 2018
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20429 - SDM-Dental Clinic Support Srvc
Posting Date: Nov 8, 2018
Closing Date: Nov 21, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Shiela Otero
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00002762