JOB NO.: 96641-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: BUS SVC/ACCOUNTING
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96641-AS
Working Title: Accountant
Official Title: ACCOUNTANT(R10DN) or ASSOC ACCOUNTANT(R10FN)
Anticipated Begin Date: JANUARY 15, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
ANNUAL (12 months)
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance is strongly preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
2 years of accounting, finance, or business administration experience.
Preferred experience in the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with the principles and practices of governmental accounting, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience working with large volumes of data records and related database systems.
- Exposure to university, state, and federal accounting and administrative rules, regulations, and procedures.
Business experience including:
- Asset related accounting and reporting principles and practices
- Financial management, reporting, and analysis experience
- Asset management related data gathering and analysis
- Change management and process improvement
- Experience in complex and diverse operating environments requiring analysis of process, process change and risk review, assessment, and development.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated problem solving decision making ability within a team environment.
- Skills in managing multiple complex activities and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in developing, applying, and interpreting policies and procedures.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
License or certificate:
Under the general supervision of the Property Control Supervisor, this position is responsible for the management of Capital Equipment within the Property Control Office. The Property Control Office is responsible for accounting for additions, deletions, and changes to the capital equipment database and the monitoring, physical inventory management, analysis, and reporting of equipment and library holdings with respect to financial accounting in accordance with GAAP, Federal, State, and UW System's related financial reporting compliance requirements.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
Instructions to applicants:
To begin the application process, click the "Apply Now" button.
Please upload a cover letter and resume. In these materials, include your experience with accounting, finance, or business administration, and your qualifications related to the areas listed in the "Relevant Work Experience" section of the position description.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Nov 8 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Dec 4 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time