Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2018-11-03
The Children’s School Night Custodian is primarily responsible for the overall care, clean, and maintenance of the school grounds and facilities after business hours. The Children’s School Night Custodian inspects the facilities for the purpose of ensuring the site is suitable for safe operations and maintains an attractive and clean condition. While responsible for the children’s school grounds and facilities, this position may need to interact with the College’s Facilities Worker and Operations Services Assistant for additional support as needed and applicable to the Children’s School. The Children’s School Night Custodian works independently for a portion of the shift (after business hours) between 3:30 pm through 8:30 pm Tuesday-Friday and 8:00 am through 1:00 pm on Saturday and is responsible for completing daily tasks without supervision. This position is 25 hours a week.
This position is located in Pasadena and reports directly to the Children’s School Assistant Director of Office Administration.
- Checks-in radio at the beginning of the shift and reports to Assistant Director of Office Administration for any specific duties assigned for the day.
- Secures facilities and grounds after business hours (e.g. lock doors/windows, turn off lights, sets alarm, etc.) to prevent property damage, equipment loss, etc.
- Follows safety procedures when reporting unauthorized occupants on grounds
- Helps respond to immediate safety and/or operational concerns
- Works with staff to determine when minor repairs can be done or when outside vendors are necessary to call for other repairs
- Ensures that the cleaning-supplies cart is fully stocked (rags, bags, caution signs)
- Cleans and services the restrooms and ensures that they are fully stocked with supplies (soap, paper towels, toilet papers, etc)
- Dusting weekly
- Inspects, runs, and maintains all cleaning equipment and reports any broken equipment for proper repair
- Clean: directories, fixtures, banisters, carpets, floor mats, tables, chairs, benches, stairwells. Performs a more detailed cleaning upon request by CS staff.
- Sweep and mop floors, vacuum carpeted areas, and regularly high-dust and low-dust
- Cleans all glass windows, doors, panels, directory glasses
- Empties trash bins, clean and dust all waste receptacles and ash urns in common areas
- Checks recycling and trash bin areas for loose trash, keeps planters free of debris
- Performs other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Must be able to walk and/or stand, kneel, bend from waist, hips, and knees; reach over head as well as in any direction to arm’s length, or crouch frequently throughout the shift
- Must be able to frequently climb stairs, escalators or ladders
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or carry containers, boxes and packages of all shapes and sizes weighing up to twenty-five pounds
- Must be able to safely use a variety of electric and manual hand tools
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products, and equipment
- Must be able to read and follow instructions accurately
- Able to work and communicate with teachers, staff, parents, vendors, and other officials in a professional manner; independently and/or in conjunction with Children’s School staff
- Keep abreast of PO’s Safety Policies and Procedures to follow them accordingly
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- LiveScan/DOJ fingerprint/Criminal Background check and TBT clearance required; per Department of Social Services requirements
- Previous knowledge and experience in a similar capacity is preferred
- Basic knowledge of computers, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook is preferred
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.