Enrollment Counselor- San Jose
Job location: San Jose, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-11-03
SAN JOSE, CA CAMPUS
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we’d like to hear from you!
The Enrollment Counselor serves as a representative and recruitment counselor students for the Admissions Department to Pacific Oaks College within the Northern California territory. Also, helps with activities by handling communications, information and paper flow with prospective and admitted students. The successful candidate will be an articulate, organized, results driven, a dynamic and enthusiastic leader, and a team player.
This position is located in San Jose, CA and reports to the AVP of Admissions.
- Provide excellent customer service to prospective students throughout the full admission recruitment process.
- Meets with prospective students to counsel on completing entry requirements, discusses academic programs, admission options, and financial aid opportunities and conducts campus tours.
- Follows up with prospects and applicants by phone and written correspondence
- Works with Director of Admissions in developing new recruitment strategies that are CFP, SOE, HD specific
- Works cooperatively to meet enrollment bench marks goal for CFP, HD and SOE in Northern California
- Plans and coordinates Information Sessions, Open Houses, New Student Orientations and other student activities as needed for current and prospective students and in collaboration with Student Services
- Regularly attends the Admissions team meetings
- Organize and maintain admissions marketing inventory
- Email students their program schedules
- In collaboration with Director of Admissions NorCal and to ensure that the College enrollment goals are met
- Balance work hours with 50% of time spent advising/counseling students and 50% of time recruiting students externally.
- Utilizes technology, public speaking skills, and all presentation materials to deliver effective multimedia presentations. Schedules and conducts visits in educational institutions
- Maintain relationships with community agencies and organizations (e.g., social service agencies, school districts, county offices of education, community colleges, and child care agencies)
- Tracks applications through Salesforce by phone and written correspondence to ensure completion and admission
- Performs other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Keeps current on CFP, HD and SOE programs information
- Understanding of and experience with non-traditional student populations
- Sales and marketing knowledge, skill and experience; and in addition to person-to-person account management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; accuracy and attention to detail,
- Possess professional interaction, personal networking and constituency building skills; and possess interesting, dynamic, articulate, credible and fluid group presentation skills.
- Ability to meet annual inquiry plans as recorded weekly.
- Inquiry generation and effective inquiry follow-up capability.
- Self-directed and highly motivated, high activity action taking recruiting students.
- Executing continuous high volume contact, mapping out efficient travel logistics, coordinating and conducting events, sustaining high levels of diverse activity and multi-tasking under time pressure.
- Knowledge of the education industry.
- Consultative approach to answering questions, addressing concerns and assisting with enrollment decisions.
- Highly accountable to monthly goals, performance expectations.
- Flexibility to schedule weekend and evening hours
- Computer literate; working knowledge of MS Office.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in college recruitment or student services environment preferred.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, Go to Meetings, CampusVue and Salesforce
- Excellent communication skills
- Sensitivity and commitment to issues of diversity and inclusion
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to travel evenings and weekends; possess valid driver’s license, have a reliable vehicle, and a good driving record.
- Ability to work evenings/weekends and have a flexible schedule.
- 50% Travel required.
- Spanish-Bilingual fluency, preferred/a plus.
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.