Community Engagement Specialist
Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-10-02
The Community Engagement Specialist will assist in the management and support services for Collaborate PASadena at Pacific Oaks. This position is responsible for facilitating a supportive network and activities for Collaborate PASadena. The incumbent will be tasked with continued development of partnerships to support the strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals for Collaborate PASadena. In collaboration with the CCSI Director, the position will also assist in developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals. This is a grant-funded position.
This position is located in Pasadena and reports directly to the Director, Center for Community and Social Impact.
- Work with Director of CCSI as a community partner under Pacific Oaks’ Center for Community & Social Impact (CCSI)
- Work with Leadership Council to solidify vision and mission of work-groups, resulting in the development of an annual Work Group Plan
- Coordinate and organize roles of members and develop policies and processes necessary for the smooth functioning of the work-groups
- Create sub-committees and tasks, assign focus areas of work
- Prepare agendas for Leadership Council monthly meetings, send meeting reminders, prepare meeting notes
- Attend and network at monthly meetings of Collaborate PASadena work groups
- Attend/monitor monthly meetings of work groups and meet with work-group leaders to ensure managing of teams
- Meet periodically with Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD) school principals and other PUSD reps
- Inform organizations of duplication of efforts, encourage alliances and sharing of resources
- Enlist consultant/s or Pacific Oaks students working with CCSI to plan strategy and measure activities and results of partner organizations
- Communicate results of impact measurement periodically to all constituent groups
- Prepare annual budget and monitor expenditures
- Oversee work of consultants in Marketing and Communications, and evaluation/measurement
- Provide content for monthly e-newsletter
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Skilled at framing issues and designing effective group processes, taking the cultural diversity of constituent groups into account
- Thorough knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques related to designing effective engagement strategies, intercultural communication, conflict management, systems thinking, collaborative decision-making, consensus building, and meeting facilitation that fosters a chosen accountability and an asset based approach
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse population of professionals, volunteers, community partners, family members, and youth.
- Experience working with web-sites, social networks, and webinars.
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Attention to detail
- Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience in coordinating programs with community coalition-building as a focus
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university
- 3-5 years’ professional experience in managing large-scale projects with education or non-profit sectors
- Excellent public speaking/presentation skills with diverse groups of constituents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organized, reliable, and responsible
- Self-starter and collaborator
- Skilled using Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Suite
- Background in/strong knowledge of volunteer recruitment strategies
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.