Community Service Representative - Work Study Student
Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2017-07-26
COMMUNITY SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we’d like to hear from you!
The appointed federal work study student worker will provide up to 5 hours of support every fourth Sunday of the month to assist in LA on Cloud 9 events. Job requirements include feeding homeless persons of the community in need, dispersing clothing, animal products and items collected by the community organization. In addition, representatives will clean up area of Community Partner worksite.
This position is located off-campus at the Community Partner worksite in Los Angeles, CA and requires weekend hours. The Community Service Representative reports directly to the Community Partner Organization Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Distribute outreach supplies including but not limited to wound care supplies, hygiene supplies, blankets, socks and animal supplies.
- Ability to interact with animals of various sizes.
- Provide program materials to community partners around shelter services.
- Handling correspondence and making telephone calls
- Liaising with volunteers/members of staff
- Demonstrated understanding of the causes of homelessness.
- Demonstrate a helpful, knowledgeable, and consultative approach to assisting a variety of community members including adults, children and pets.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Eligible for the Federal Work Study program at Pacific Oaks College.
- Must maintain FWS eligibility for the entire academic year.
- Must have access to their own reliable transportation and be able to travel to off-campus partner worksite.
- Requires ability to walk up to 4-5 hours per day with intermittent occasional sitting, standing, and bending.
- Occasionally may be required to lift items up to 20 pounds to a height up to 3 feet.
- Occasionally may be required to carry items up to 20 pounds for distances up to 500 feet.
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.