Program Assistant I
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Program Assistant I
Position #756218 - Requisition 15117
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The School of Dental Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Program Assistant I position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
The purpose of this position is to independently manage the day to day operations for a Comprehensive Care undergraduate clinic comprised of approx. 120 dental students, to ensure effective and efficient patient care and to assist faculty in managing group operations. Independently takes action on all inquiries and requests from faculty, staff, students and patients by collecting, analyzing and exchanging information, determine and investigating solutions, advising and guiding to resolve patient grievances.
Examples of work performed:
- Coordinate and monitor the undergraduate student's daily schedule for patient health care
- Establish and monitor record keeping system for tracking timely treatment of patients
- Monitor the clinical progress of the students using various reporting systems
- Ensure adequate clinical experience for students before graduation
- Fill in for other positions within the department (e.g., front desk, screenings, etc)
- Orient and train new undergraduate dental students in clinic operations (e.g., utilization of clinic support operations and program administrative support)
- Assign patients according to student's education/required needs as determined by faculty
- Assist faculty in the education and training of dental student's in becoming successful practitioners by effectively managing their clinic time
- Attain productive patient relations
- Collaborate with the School of Dental Medicine Payment Office to monitor patient accounts by reviewing account histories
- Assure compliance of patient financial obligation
- Work with the payment office to facilitate corrections as needed
- Create forms and files to track students' clinical academic progress
- Oversee patient grievance process by independently solving problems and taking action as needed by way of personal interactions, telephone contacts and written correspondence with patients.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $47,196 to $66,588*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Four years of general clerical experience.
- One year of this experience must have included working in a medical/dental office.
Substitution: College or university course work appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute on a year for year basis for the experience but not for the specific experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends occasionally
- Previous experience working in a dental office
- Experience coordinating assignments for multiple people
- Knowledge of dental terminology
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Shiela Otero at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 20, 2018
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20435 - SDM-Dental Clinic Compreh Care
Posting Date: Nov 8, 2018
Closing Date: Nov 20, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Shiela Otero
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756218