UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO
Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health
Department of Biostatistics and Informatics
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
NATURE OF WORK
The Department of Biostatistics and Informatics, Colorado School of Public Health, is seeking a post-doctoral fellow in ‘omics analysis. The position is 2 years with the possibility of extension and available to start immediately. The focus of this position will be the development and implementation of novel statistical and computational methods in metabolomics, and other omics technologies. The work will involve both methodological research with biostatistics faculty and collaboration with biomedical investigators.
The incumbent will report directly to Drs. Katerina Kechris and Debashis Ghosh.
The incumbent may provide informal supervision to graduate students on the project, that report to Drs. Katerina Kechris and Debashis Ghosh.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
1) Research (70%)
• Data management
• Statistical methods development
• Exploratory data analysis
• Bioinformatics analysis
2) Statistical computing (10%)
• R package development
3) Research results (20%)
• Presentations at conferences
• Manuscript preparation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge: Statistics, machine learning, bioinformatics
- Skills: data management, data pre-processing, exploratory data analysis, high-throughput data analysis, omics data sets
- Abilities: R package development, high performance computing, strong English written and oral communication
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
DIVERSITY AND EQUITY
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- PhD/ ScD from an accredited college or university in statistics, biostatistics, bioinformatics, computer science or related field at the start of the postdoc.
- Background in statistics, machine learning, ‘omics technologies
- Minimum of 2 year(s) of experience in statistical software R, Matlab, Python or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) using the English language
- The ability to work independently on data analysis and research
- Experience with development of R packages or other software
- Experience in high-throughput biological data analysis
- Experience with mass spectrometry-based data (e.g., proteomic, metabolomic) is preferred but not required.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Questions should be directed to Katerina Kechris, PhD, at katerina[email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:A review of the application material will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must apply online at http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact. Applicants must include: 1. A cover letter which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current curriculum vitae or resume 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three to five professional references in a separate document.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21419 - CSPH-Bio Info General Ops
Posting Date: Nov 8, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Katerina Kechris, PhD
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756247