Community Worker - University of Illinois Extension - Chicago, IL (105782)
Community Worker - University of Illinois Extension (12 positions)
Unit 6 Cluster - Chicago, IL (Cook County - Unit 6)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Primary Position Function/Summary: The civil service employee will support the implementation of the University of Illinois Extension Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) as directed by the specified County Director and/or Educator. The Community Worker will work with local residents (adults and youth) identified for EFNEP programming to provide basic nutrition, food safety, physical activity and food budgeting education for low-income individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct basic nutrition, food safety, physical activity and food budgeting programs for intended population at organizations/agencies within the target community as outlined in the EFNEP plan. This may include leading active cooking demonstrations and leading basic physical activity demonstrations for adult and youth audiences
- Utilize and disseminate nutrition education materials, tool kits, and resources as provided and outlined in the EFNEP plan
- Collaborate with other Extension staff within the unit/region to meet unit and State INEP plan goals
- Refer EFNEP clients to other local agencies (FCRC, WIC, food pantries, etc.) and other Extension staff based upon additional needs/concerns
- Collaborate with specified Extension staff to identify potential community partners that serve low-income families
- In conjunction with partnering organizations, recruit program participants for nutrition education classes/workshops
- As directed, promote Extension opportunities that would meet the needs of target audience
- Collect data for program evaluations to measure program impact
- Complete required reports, including EFNEP enrollment forms, class participation reports, contact reports, attendance sheets, program evaluations/impact, travel, and other required reporting. Enter reports into online electronic database as directed
- Perform other duties that contribute to the mission of University of Illinois Extension programming as assigned
One year of experience (paid or unpaid) in work related to the job to be performed
For more information about this classification:
These Community Worker positions are 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service positions. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $13.49 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for EXT-COMM-WRKR- CHICAGO (COOK). Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Extension
Title: Community Worker - University of Illinois Extension - Chicago, IL (105782)
Open Date: 11/08/2018
Close Date: 11/14/2018
Organization Name: Cook