Manager of Financial Systems and Business Analysis
The Princeton University Office of Finance and Treasury seeks a Manager of Financial Systems and Business Analysis. The successful individual will provide leadership for the implementation of process improvement initiatives, system enhancements, and delivery of production support tasks impacting the University’s financial systems. This role will provide leadership in addressing business problems and/or opportunities by capturing requirements, documenting processes, and recommending functional designs using a structured implementation methodology. This manager will lead a team of business analysts who are the primary liaisons between business owners and application developers throughout all phases of the systems implementation lifecycle. S/he will lead strategic projects for the rollout of new financial processes and systems, and will also have operational responsibilities for the support/maintenance of our financial systems.
The manager will deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, and project management to promote a consistent and intuitive user experience across our financial systems. To meet these requirements, the candidate will need to combine an in-depth understanding of financial business processes, with technical acumen and knowledge of how to enable these processes to be effective and efficient across a range of systems. It is essential that this individual have strong meeting facilitation skills and an ability to clearly communicate to a wide range of business stakeholders. The candidate must have a deep understanding of the latest PeopleSoft Financials releases, specifically 9.1 or higher.
The successful candidate will be both strong technically and an outstanding project manager; a person who is self‐motivated and organized, highly observant of and sensitive to the culture of the University and its many constituencies, inherently collegial and service oriented, and an excellent communicator. The manager must be a motivating leader who can continuously seek operational efficiencies and promote team engagement.
The Office of Finance & Treasury actively searches for staff members of exceptional ability and promise who share in Princeton University's commitment to excellence, and who present a diversity of viewpoints and cultures. We offer varied professional opportunities spanning all aspects of financial management, analysis, and processing in support of the teaching and research mission. As part of the University community, we respect the dignity and individuality of each member while trying to foster a sense of shared experience and common purpose. We are unwavering in our commitment to both diversity and community and embrace the variety of talents, backgrounds, and perspectives of all of our colleagues.Responsibilities
Leadership and Supervision for Financial Systems Business Analysis
- Sets expectations and prioritizes workload for a team of business analysts across a range of concurrent implementation and support responsibilities. Provides guidance and direction to team on assigned work units, troubleshooting, and addressing escalating issues.
- Communicates regularly with functional subject matter experts to understand business needs, analyze usage patterns, and identify opportunities to improve the user experience.
- Documents functional requirements, analyzes gaps, and identifies alternative approaches to meet requirements.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Collaborates closely with business owners to ensure enhancements satisfy the required needs of the business and campus.
- Coordinates with Office of Information Technology (OIT) personnel in managing implementation methodology and addressing technical requirements impacting solution designs.
- Facilitates requirements and design meetings with business stakeholders.
- Fosters an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Collaborates well in a matrix environment.
- Leads projects to deliver process improvement capabilities for University financial systems. Defines objectives, deliverable, schedule, and resource needs for implementations. Manages timelines, scope, issues, and risks.
- Regularly communicates status updates and timeline to internal team members and external stakeholders.
- Delivers presentations to communicate project updates and demonstrate new functionality.
Financial Systems Change Management
- Manages change management processes to ensure changes are released to production in a secure and controlled manner.
- Identifies and communicates downstream impacts of system changes to impacted parties.
- Coordinates with Organizational Readiness team by contributing to the planning for communications and training materials to facilitate the introduction of new financial system capabilities.
Financial Systems Support and Operations
- Continuously seeks opportunities to improve efficiency of operational tasks for maintaining financial systems.
- Manages day-to-day production support activities and their resolution; monitors support across the functional areas and serves as lead contact for the Financial Service Center for financial systems support escalations.
- Leads Financial Fiscal Year End testing and execution.
- Leads the application of PeopleSoft images and PeopleTools upgrades.
Testing and Quality Assurance
- Establishes quality assurance tasks.
- Maintains and updates design standards, testing methodology, and documentation templates.
- Leads the planning and execution of system testing and user acceptance testing activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field or business administration
- Minimum of 7 to 9 years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of general accounting principles
- Project management experience; highly organized with superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Prior experience supervising a team of business analysts
- Expertise in PeopleSoft Financials 9.1 or greater configuration and setup, with a focus on procurement-related functions
- Have experience managing at least two major projects of six months or more
- Experience in SDLC for multiple PeopleSoft Financial/Supply Chain implementations
- Process flowcharting (Visio)
- PeopleSoft Query, including using SQL
- Experience in Higher Education setting is preferable
- In-depth knowledge of Jaggaer cloud-based solutions
- Familiarity with Concur
- Master's degree in technology related field or business administration
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or equivalent
- MS Project
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAWSalary GradeAIT, 040Standard Weekly Hours36.25Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver’s License RequiredNo