Technical Craft Specialist A - Lead Payroll Clerk
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Lead Payroll Clerk - Technical Craft Specialist A position. Reporting to the Manager of Payroll, the Technical Craft Specialist A provides leadership and support in the administration of payroll functions for the College's staff, faculty and student populations. This position responds to employee inquiries regarding payments and deductions, and assists the Manager with the daily operations of the payroll department. Other responsibilities include the accurate preparation, documentation, and distribution of payroll; as well as the processing of federal, state, and local tax payments.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• High School diploma or its equivalent (i.e. GED) required.
• Minimum of two (2) years of related experience within an accounting or payroll function required.
• Strong attention to detail and time management skills required.
• Previous experience using payroll systems and related software required.
• Good communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative required.
• Ability to create and implement systems, procedures and processes required.
• Ability to collaborate well with others required.
• Demonstrated customer service orientation required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Associate's degree in a related field preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Previous work experience in a payroll function within higher education preferred.
• Related work experience in a lead capacity preferred.
• Previous experience using Ellucian Banner preferred.
• Experience working in a collective bargaining environment preferred.