Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
School of Liberal Arts - 6010640
Cover Letter, Resume
Reporting directly to the Dean of the School of Liberal Arts (SLA), this position will provide administrative support and will serve as the primary faculty contact for the school. The role will manage the budget for the office, oversee the faculty hiring and process personnel documents for SLA. The incumbent in this position will interact regularly with various levels of students, faculty, staff and candidates; serving as a liaison for the school and other departments on campus.
- Coordinate faculty hiring by following appropriate protocol compliance in the School of Liberal Arts (SLA), Georgia Gwinnett College and Board of Regents policies to include training faculty on hiring policies and procedures, assisting with faculty hiring committees to ensure compliance adherence, collaborate with discipline chairs each hiring cycle to update job descriptions in the applicant tracking system to reflect current departmental needs and coordinate campus visits for faculty candidates
- Process new hire, status change and termination paperwork for SLA faculty
- Oversee faculty contracts to ensure accuracy and provide interpretation to faculty
- Create and maintain faculty credentialing files
- Prepare and distribute faculty performance evaluation data
- Maintain and update SLA budgets to include populating budget spreadsheets, reconciling in iStrategy and making payment requests on behalf of SLA
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business, public administration, or related field with 3 years professional experience.
- Administrative and budgeting experience as well as experience with Excel and Microsoft Office.
- The qualified candidate must be highly detail oriented, well organized, collegial, and have good communication skills.
- Master's Degree.
- Experience with iStrategy and HireTouch is preferred.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.