The Dietetics Technician performs as a member of the interdisciplinary team, assisting the Registered Dietitian with the evaluation, coordination, and implementation of a nutrition care plan for patients; provides education and counseling to patients on their nutritional needs; ensures customer satisfaction and good public relations through the safe and efficient use of resources; and performs duties in compliance with performance improvement plans, TJC, and other licensing, accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
Clinical Diet Technician
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements for this position include: regularly standing/walking with objects up to 10 lbs., and regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time (includes repetitive motions).
Monday through Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm
The ideal candidate will be a Dietetic Technician Registered or have completed a degree in Dietetics; have in-depth diet and nutritional interactions knowledge; have the ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects while accurately completing routine functions in a fast-paced, high intensity, professional work environment; enjoy working independently as well as closely with their co-workers in a supportive team environment; computer skills (including Microsoft Office); strong customer service skills; excellent active listening skills; high attention to detail; and dependability.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Dietetic Technician Registered or degree in Dietetics.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your years of paid work experience as a dietetic technician.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Are you a Dietetic Technician Registered?
- * Briefly describe your work experience as it relates to the specific duties of this position and why you chose to apply.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter