Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Public Relations - 7010640
Cover Letter, Resume
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Public Relations, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the planning, coordination, marketing and promotion of the college with a special emphasis on recruitment, awareness and housing. This position will collaborate with members of the Advancement team to conduct relevant market research, produce effective promotional materials and analyze data to ensure the college meets its recruitment goals. This position will interpret behaviors, project trends, patterns and suggest creative ways to increase brand awareness.
- Coordinate, plan and implement a communications strategy in support of the college's recruitment, awareness and housing goals
- Serve as lead at all orientations, open house and general college events
- Present information for audiences up to 500 people
- Track and communicate with prospective students/residents in pipeline
- Maintain statistical records, dashboards regarding occupancy and retention efforts
- Produce and distribute all external communication materials such as managing and maintaining the housing webpage, letters, brochures and other promotional materials
- Coordinate production and writing of marketing materials
- Provide concept development and layout design, and serve as the liaison to vendors involved in printing and design
- Monitor products, services and trends offered by competing private housing, as well as other colleges and universities
- Maintain accurate records regarding current rates, trends, etc.
- Performs others duties as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- 2 Year / Associate Degree
- Five years of proven work experience as a Marketing Coordinator, Marketing Officer or similar role
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing tools
- Experience with research methods using data analytics software
- Must have a positive outlook and the ability to work across department or divisions
- Ability to think strategically and be an active listener
- Must have relationship building skills
- Must have solid computer skills, including MS Office, web and Google analytics
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of proven work experience as a marketing coordinator, marketing officer or similar role
- Experience in higher education and campus housing
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
This position raises funds for both Georgia Gwinnett College and secondarily for the Georgia Gwinnett College Foundation. Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.