Assistant Professor of Sport Management (Tenure Track)
Sport Management Faculty Position
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
We seek talented faculty who are passionate about teaching and learning. As a private institution, Aurora University expects faculty to be involved in the lives of students through mentoring, student support, enrollment initiatives, and other activities related to the college experience. To facilitate this highly interactive faculty/student relationship, the typical teaching load is three 4 credit-hour courses per semester and student advising is supported by professional staff. Evidence of successful teaching, or a strong potential for successful teaching, is required for all positions. Undergraduate faculty share in the delivery of the general education program, most often by teaching within the university's interdisciplinary core.
SPORT MANAGEMENT: Tenure Track Assistant Professor
Applications received by December 7, 2018, will receive full consideration, though review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The successful candidate will provide undergraduate teaching within the School of Education and Human Performance's Sport Management major and Coaching minor. The candidate will teach undergraduate courses and engage in research and service projects that will strengthen the university community. The teaching load is 24 unit hours per year. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Applicants must have an earned doctorate in Sport Management or closely related field by appointment date. ABD candidates will be considered, but the doctoral degree is required by the start of the contract.
- Demonstrated excellence in university teaching and engaged service to the major and university
- Ability to effectively teach undergraduate courses in the sport management major and coaching minor. The candidate should be able to teach a range of coursework. Possible courses may include Sport Promotion and Technology, Sport Law, Sport Facilities and Events, Sport Management and Sport and Society
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to advising and mentoring of students
- Demonstrated commitment to issues of equity and/or experience working with diverse populations
- Demonstrated experience or potential as internship coordinator, or intern management
- Demonstrated experience or potential for scholarship related to sport management
All benefit-eligible faculty positions offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Applications must include a letter of intent including description of education, certifications held, and all relevant experience, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers (candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted). Electronic applications welcomed. More information can be found at aurora.edu/facultyjobs.
Please submit application materials as follows:
Faculty Search, Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
347 S. Gladstone Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.