Assistant Professor of Exercise Science (Tenure Track)
Exercise Science Faculty Position
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
We seek talented faculty who are passionate about teaching and learning. As a private institution, Aurora University expects faculty to be involved in the lives of students through mentoring, student support, enrollment initiatives, and other activities related to the college experience. To facilitate this highly interactive faculty/student relationship, the typical teaching load is three 4 credit-hour courses per semester and student advising is supported by professional staff. Evidence of successful teaching, or a strong potential for successful teaching, is required for all positions. Undergraduate faculty share in the delivery of the general education program, most often by teaching within the university's interdisciplinary core.
EXERCISE SCIENCE: Tenure Track Assistant Professor
Applications received by December 7, 2018, will receive full consideration, though review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The School of Education and Human Performance invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of Exercise Science. The candidate will be instrumental in furthering the Exercise Science program's objective of providing students with outstanding classroom and experiential learning opportunities to become highly competent and productive clinicians. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses that span the emphases offered in the Exercise Science major as well as engage in research and service projects that will strength the university community. The successful candidate will also work well in a highly collaborative departmental environment. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Applicants must have an earned doctorate in Exercise Science or an equivalent field by appointment date. ABD candidates will be considered, but the doctoral degree is required by the start of the contract
- Successful college teaching experience at the undergraduate and /or graduate levels
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to advising and mentoring students
- Demonstrated potential for scholarship related to exercise physiology and/or strength and conditioning
- Demonstrated interest in working with diverse university and community settings
- Demonstrated interest involving students in research opportunities
- Current certifications at the level of Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM) and/or Certified
- Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA) or higher
- Demonstrated experience participating in interdisciplinary initiatives with colleagues from a variety of disciplines
- Demonstrated experience incorporating technology in instructional practices
- Demonstrated experience working in an exercise physiology lab
All benefit-eligible faculty positions offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Applications must include a letter of intent including description of education, certifications held, and all relevant experience, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers (candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted). Electronic applications welcomed. More information can be found at aurora.edu/facultyjobs.
Please submit application materials as follows:
Faculty Search, Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
347 S. Gladstone Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.