Project Program Specialist
Proposed Salary Range
Commensurate with experience
Type of Employment: Staff
Employment Status: Full time (29-40 Hrs)
Location: Employee's Home
The Childhood Services (CHS) Project Program Specialist works under supervision of the ABC/TTA Program Coordinator and the Regional Coordinator to conduct program reviews and technical assistance in licensed childcare facilities within a geographic region.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides Technical Assistance during the project year through on-site visits, emails, personal phone calls, and meetings.
- Conducts on-site visits to assess childcare facilities using the Environment Rating Scales within a geographic region of the state.
- Proficient use of Tablet PC, Microsoft Office Suite and web-based assessment software.
- Attends regional and statewide meetings for the purpose of training on organizational issues and technical training.
- Establish an in-home office area to maintain files and documentation needed to complete the duties of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with teachers
and administrators of childcare programs.
2. Ability to plan, schedule, and implement assignments within a geographic region.
3. Skills in organization, prioritizing and implementation of
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
Located in North Central Arkansas; preferably Russellville area.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood or related field plus experience working in birth to age 5 programs.
2. Demonstrate a clear understanding of Early Childcare Education and developmentally appropriate practices.
3. Strong working knowledge and skill in implementation of the Environment Rating Scales.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.