CLINICAL RESEARCH COORD A
Duties: The Penn Memory Center participates in therapeutic and biomarker studies (NIH, foundation or industry sponsored) in patients with Normal Cognition, Mild Cognitive Impairment, and Alzheimer's Disease and other neurodegenerative diseases.
The research coordinator A will substantially assist other coordinators in the execution of a longitudinal cohort study, including acquisition of neuroimaging and experimental cognitive neuroscience measures, conducted at the Penn Memory Center. This position may require home visits.
Coordinator must participate in ongoing protocol training/compliance meetings and adhere to all University of Pennsylvania, FDA, and GCP guidelines.
Key duties will include:
(1) Recruit, screen and enroll participants as specified by study protocols
(2) Coordinate the daily operations and clinical activities of assigned studies
(3) Schedule study visits and any necessary testing, including cognitive testing, PET scans and MRIs
(4) Gather data, monitor participants, ensure safety and adherence to protocol
(5) Serve as a liaison to other departments, sponsors, regulatory committees, and collaborating institutions as needed
(6) Follow all regulatory requirements and coordinate, organize and maintain all study documentation (sponsor, IRB and other sub-committees); patient records and study consent forms
(7) Complete database entry, ensure data is complete and accurate
(8) Provide regular updates on study progress at meetings with the Penn Memory Center team of coordinators and researchers
(9) Perform other duties related to cognition, aging, and public health as well as administrative duties as assigned
(10) May require home visits
Position is contingent on continued funding.
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree and 1 year to 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
The research coordinator A applicant must be comfortable with learning how to run MRI and PET protocols, including but not limited to undergoing training to operate the MRI machine and collect biological samples, and be comfortable in psychological assessment, have experience conducting interviews for psychiatric well-being and understand how mood and behaviors may be impacted by disclosing sensitive health information.
Reference Number: 40-30351
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Exempt
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research