Postdoctoral Scholar in X-Ray Astronomy
Open November 8th, 2018 through January 18th, 2019
If you apply to this recruitment by January 18th, 2019, you will have until January 25th, 2019 to complete your application.
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position to work with Prof. David Buote on X-ray studies of elliptical galaxies and galaxy clusters. The successful applicant's responsibilities will include analyzing X-ray data from the Chandra and XMM-Newton satellites, and preparing observing proposals. The duration of the position is initially for one year, renewable up to three years, contingent on performance and continued funding. Candidates must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent. The start date for the position is September 1, 2019. Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae, bibliography, short (1 page) statement of research interests, and three letters of recommendation, all to be submitted via UC Irvine online application system, RECRUIT, located at http://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05055. The application deadline is 18 January 2019.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now