AP Assistant Professor in Kinesiology
Position Number 999704
Functional Title AP Assistant Professor in Kinesiology
Position Type Non-Tenure Stream
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
• Teach and develop core content courses in the Department of Kinesiology at the undergraduate level, with possible teaching at the graduate level. The successful candidate will contribute to course work related to introductory courses in Kinesiology (e.g., KIN 220 - Lifetime Wellness, KIN 250 - Introduction to Kinesiology). The candidate should also possess the ability to teach in several of the following areas: sports performance, statistics, biomechanics, motor control, exercise prescription, physical education and health teacher education, strength training/conditioning, activity courses including aquatics.
• Advise undergraduate students, with possible advising at the graduate level.
• Contribute to supervising experiential learning (e.g., service learning, shadowing/observing, internships).
• Engage in departmental, university, and community service.
Minimum of a Master's degree in Kinesiology or a related field.
A doctoral degree in Kinesiology or related area is preferred. Two or more years of teaching in higher education in Kinesiology is highly desirable.
Tenure Status Not on Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Review of applications will begin on December 10, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled. Applications should include a detailed letter of interest and qualifications, current curriculum vitae, and a list of three references including name, address, e-mail address, and phone number.
References will be contacted automatically to request a letter of recommendation through the on-line system as soon as the application is submitted. Applications should be submitted through the UNCG jobsearch system at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu.
Questions regarding the position or application process should be sent to the search committee chair, Professor Karen "Pea" Poole ([email protected]).
Recruitment Range Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Org #-Department Kinesiology - 13003
Job Open Date 11/07/2018
For Best Consideration Date 12/10/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Teaching Philosophy
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu