Director-Center for Writing Excellence**
7 Columbia Circle Albany, NY 12203
Closing Date: November 26, 2018
* Develop a Center for Writing Excellence at Excelsior College in collaboration with the Provost's Office, the Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) Task Force, and the Online Writing Lab (OWL).
* Lead the WAC Task Force and oversee the development of a strategic plan for WAC.
* Develop college wide policies and procedures for writing assessment, the use of online portfolios, faculty training, and integration of writing assignments into courses.
* Oversee the development, maintenance, and promotion of writing-enriched courses.
* Work with faculty across multiple degree programs to promote and develop scaffolded and genre-based writing assignments and best practices for writing assessment and feedback.
* Collaborate with the OWL to develop a WAC faculty training certificate featuring online training materials and assessments, and train 50 faculty over two years.
* Collaborate with the OWL to develop an open online repository featuring exemplars of student writing assignments, effective scaffolding approaches, and exemplars of substantive and meaningful feedback.
* Collaborate with the OWL to develop student resources for Writing in the Disciplines and other areas as needed.
* Coordinate a pilot study to assess the impact of WAC activities on writing-enriched courses using the AAC&U Writing VALUE Rubric.
* Conduct additional activities in consultation with the Provost to advance the Center for Writing Excellence and WAC initiatives at the college.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information atjobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: