Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Posting Number: S01157
Benefits Eligible?: No
Hiring Minimum: $18.14/hour
Band/Level: Operations 3
Department: Human Resources
Location: MIIS at Monterey Main Campus
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening: Criminal Background check
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Analyst provides general customer service and administrative support (primarily timesheet/payroll processing) to the Human Resources Department. This is a part-time (.5 FTE) staff position.													Responsibilities
• Maintains confidentiality and delivers excellent customer service.
• Develops and maintains effective communication and a positive working relationship with all managers, faculty and staff to ensure that HR is meeting their needs; works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from supervisors.
• Acts as administrator/facilitator for HRIS/payroll system in coordination with Payroll Practitioner and Middlebury College counterparts.
• May calculate and process special checks; reviews, edits and makes corrections and adjustments.
• Responds to employees' questions and concerns pertaining to human resources, employment, and compensation.
• Proficiency within HRIS system.
• Assists with special projects for the HR Department.
• Coordinates with Graduate Assistants on HR related projects as deemed appropriate.
• Acts as back-up to the HR Coordinator
• Assists with receptionist duties for the Human Resource Department.
• Maintains an organized front office and lobby area.
• Performs general office administration duties to include: word processing, maintaining records and files, and mailing.
• Answers telephone, receives and distributes mail, sorts and files documents, responds to general inquiries, helps resolve customer questions.
• Performs other duties as requested.
- A Combination equivalent to two years college-level coursework, preferably in business, office management, or related field, and two years administrative office experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
• Commitment to customer service.
• Ability to understand, interpret and apply employment laws, regulations, and policies.
• Computer proficiency necessary.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Attention to detail, advanced record keeping skills; ability to compile, track and present statistics accurately.
• Willingness and ability to adapt to changing technologies and systems.
• Willingness and ability to comply with Institute policies, procedures, and mandates.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, stressful environment effectively and within deadlines.
Prior Human Resources experience and PHR certification highly desirable.
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Position requires light to moderate physical effort; periodic handling of lightweight parcels or supplies; ability to work at computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants: To apply, complete an online application and attach all required documents.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency