ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF GEAR UP
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF GEAR UP
Posting Number: SRGV3632
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Student Educational Outreach
Scope of Job:
To assist the director with overseeing the day to day business operations, grant compliance and management of the GEAR UP program.
Description of Duties:
• Assists the Director in managing the daily financial and operational functions of the GEAR UP program.
• Assists the director with identifying, collecting and documenting a dollar for dollar match on annual grant award; failure to collect required match may result in a reduction of annual grant award.
• Responsible for partnership development and management including oversight of all collaborations as outlined in the grant inclusive of service proposals, procurement process, invoicing, and partner service evaluations.
• Acts as a resource to school district administrators, GEAR UP Coordinators, educational partners, and financial support staff for budget changes, purchase approvals, budget planning, and in-kind match.
• Establishes internal controls to ensure compliance with federal legislation and regulations regarding the operation of the GEAR UP grant to determine all expenditures meet uniform guidance and are allowable, allocable and reasonable.
• Serve as a liaison to the internal university support departments such as Procurement, Grants and Contracts, and Office of Sponsored Programs and to external school districts central administration and finance departments.
• Responsible for managing the programs budget and ensures that all project related expenditures are compliant with the Federal Office of Management and Budget Circulars, university fiscal policies, and grant objectives.
• Assists the Director in planning, directing, and executing a project management plan to satisfactorily meet all objectives and sub-objectives of the grant requirements.
• Collects, compiles, analyzes expense data for educational programs and compares student outcomes, return on investment, and provides recommendations for continual improvement.
• Develops and implements training procedures, standards, department guidelines, handbooks, forms, etc. to effectively manage all aspects of the grant.
• Assists in oversight of grant internal and external evaluation protocols such as evaluation framework, data collection, statistical analyses, surveys services, and data base management.
• Assists in completion of the Annual Performance Report to the US Department of Education and creates a variety of reports for project stakeholders on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations associated with and/or receiving benefit from the program.
• Responsible for working with and understanding large data systems and sets, and working across multiple source system databases at one time.
• Participates in the development, testing and implementation of new and revised accounting and operational procedures to implement the grant.
• Acts as primary point of contact for school district financial managers to address invoicing and grant subawardee requirements, deadlines, and reporting.
• Acts as subject matter expert for the interpretation of OMB Circulars and other sponsor guidelines, policies, regulations and procedures for the GEAR UP program.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Educational Administration or related field.
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Educational Administration or related field.
Four (4) years of experience in K-12 or higher education setting, including experience in managing state, federal, private grants an or managing budgets. Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, internal controls and office methods. Demonstrated knowledge of procurement practices and ethical business practices.
Use of standard office equipment. Skills in data processing and knowledge of PC computer systems and software, including spreadsheets, word processing, accounting software, graphics presentation and windows operating systems.
Preferred: Proficiency in utilizing databases, Excel spreadsheets, and related software applications.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
*Note: Travel to La Joya, Brownsville, and La Joya school districts will be required to accomplish project outcomes.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, internal controls and office methods. Strong analytical and technical accounting skills. Skills in data processing and knowledge of PC computer systems and software, including spreadsheets, word processing, accounting software, graphics presentation and windows operating systems. Effective problem-solving, decision-making, and human relations skills. Ability to review, analyze, and prepare accurate financial reports and or budgets. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing. Ability to work independently, and make independent judgments and/or recommendations. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/07/2018
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 09/25/2024
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19570
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency