Senior Director, Strategic Engagement
Senior Director, Strategic Engagement
Job Number: 81101
Senior Director, Strategic Engagement
(Marketing Manager 3)
Medical Center Development
This position will be moving to the new Stanford Redwood City campus in mid-2019.
Job Code: 4903 Classification Level: M FTE: 100% / Exempt Summary:
Medical Center Development seeks an experienced leader to join and oversee the marketing and donor engagement operation that encompasses Medical Center Development's Creative Services/Communications, Stewardship, and Annual Fund teams. You will lead professionals, as well as contracted services, in the execution of programming designed to engage and retain philanthropic and alumni audiences associated with Stanford Medicine, and partner closely with development leaders on philanthropic strategies. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer of Medical Center Development, the directors of Communications; Marketing, Stewardship; Production and Annual Fund will be your direct reports.
Stanford is committed to a donor-centric approach to development. Every member of the Office of Development staff plays a role in providing the university's donors with the service and attention that ensures an exceptionally positive and fulfilling philanthropic experience.
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Your responsibilities include:
Creative Services: team of eleven professionals and multiple vendors, approximately 400 creative products per year across encompassing multiple audiences and spanning print collateral, digital/web-based media, video/photography, social media, events collateral and programming, speechwriting, presentation graphics, and environmental signage.
Stewardship: leader and team of eight professionals and multiple vendors who create/deepen relationships with more than 1500 donors, across more than 1000 funds/medical areas. Team works closely with gift officers, faculty and institutional leaders, and relies on multiple channels for relationship building: gift acknowledgements, donor reports, photo/video, and environmental signage.
Annual Fund: dotted line report shared with central development office, this team includes a leader and two professionals plus multiple vendors encouraging growth in donor pipeline.
There is potential for growth in the teams managed for this role, depending on skills and alignments the leader in this position evaluates once here.
- Identifying profile and building strategies to capture new audiences for Stanford Medicine philanthropy; examining new media trends, data trends, and adding to Stanford Medicine's media mix, as appropriate.
- Driving the creation of creative content that translates the organization's mission to a broader audience through various channels.
- Protecting integrity and extending awareness of institutional brands: Stanford University, Stanford Medicine, Stanford Health Care.
- Working with channel partners across Stanford Medicine and Stanford University to leverage communications resources and create a cohesive, powerful identity for Stanford Medicine and its philanthropic enterprise.
- Conducting market research, analytics and ROI.
- Setting goals and helping to develop/manage budgets for team.
- Leading staff recruitment, management, career/professional development and retention.
- Ensuring efficiencies among teams under this role for shared content and production workflow for the service of fundraising mission.
- As member of MCD's Executive Leadership Team, serving as a member of the cabinet that helps guide the strategy, culture and goals of the 140 person organization.
- Other duties may also be added to this role as we see synergies in the organization.
This position will be moving to the new Stanford Redwood City campus in the spring of 2019 as well as overseeing the move for his/her team.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A Bachelor's degree and 10 years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- A proven ability to achieve an organization's vision, values and programs through marketing, communications and outreach initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging integrated marketing and donor strategies to achieve goals.
- The ability to persuade and influence decision-makers across all levels of an organization.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- The ability to motivate, grow and train staff across functions. This individual must have strong interpersonal skills to develop alliances with internal and external groups.
- A successful track record for delivering a product on budget and on time to a large, multi-faceted and demanding client base.
- An experience communicating through a wide variety of media to sophisticated, diverse audiences.
- Exceptional writing, editing and presenting skills.
- The ability to manage internal and external relationships; preparing, justifying and presenting business cases, budgets and plans; and measuring the impact of different strategies and programs.
- A demonstrated ability to optimize human systems and bring out their best towards mission goals.
- The ability to use data, benchmarking to determine focus for team and enroll others.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speaker.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums on campus or enjoy the newly designed Redwood City campus, with childcare, fitness spaces and many Stanford colleagues.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in marketing and provide examples of your experience where you utilized your leadership and communications skills.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching and clinical missions.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Location: Office of Development, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency