Administrative Associate 2
Administrative Associate 2
Job Number: 81099
The Research Division Administrative Associate (AA2) for the Department of Anesthesia, Pain, and Perioperative Medicine will support faculty conducting research for the Department and the Research Division Manager. The Division is involved in a wide variety of basic science, clinical, and educational research. This position requires a person to do a multitude of tasks in an ever-changing, dynamic academic environment. The candidate will often work under pressure and must know how to re-prioritize tasks when needed.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approved content on websites.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Stanford experience preferred.
- Research experience preferred
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Code: 4102Job Grade: E
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency