Director-Agriculture Education & Innovation
Chemeketa Community College welcomes applications for a full-time Director-Agriculture Education & Innovation.
Closing Date: Wednesday 21, 2018
You would be challenged to find a college that matters more to its community than Chemeketa means to the residents of Oregon’s Mid-Willamette Valley. If you can affirm our mission to provide opportunities for students to explore, learn, and succeed through quality educational experiences and workforce training, then Chemeketa will be a rewarding workplace to fulfill your potential and contribute your expertise.
The Community We Serve
Chemeketa Community College is the third largest post-secondary institution in Oregon, with approximately 29,000 students enrolled from a diversity of backgrounds. Chemeketa has seven locations, Salem campus, Yamhill Valley campus, Brooks Regional Training facility, Woodburn center, Polk center, Center for Business & Industry and Viticulture at Eola. Chemeketa's district encompasses nearly 2,700 square miles of the Mid- Willamette Valley and includes all of Marion, Polk, and most of Yamhill counties with a small portion of Linn County. About 465,000 citizens live in the district, with Salem, the capitol city of the state of Oregon, comprising the largest single concentration of citizens.
We are a college community enriched by the diversity of our students, staff, and community members. Each individual and group has the potential to contribute in our learning environment. Each has dignity. To diminish the dignity of one is to diminish the dignity of us all.
What We Have to Offer
The college also provides an excellent benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage (subject to employee and college collective bargaining agreements). Other benefits also include generous vacation/holidays as well as: life, and disability insurance and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) or Oregon Public Services Retirement Plan (OPSRP).
Initial salary placement would rarely extend beyond step 3, $78,144.00/yr.
The successful candidate will have:
Bachelor degree from an accredited institution in Agricultural Science(s) or other related field
Three years of experience in staff supervision, budget, and project management
One year of experience building collaborative programs and partnerships, community networking and leveraging resources
One year of experience in working with individuals of diverse cultures and languages
- Working knowledge of services and programs provided within the community college
- Excellent organizational, human relations and communication skills (listening, written and verbal)
- Ability to facilitate diverse groups, create effective teams, analyze issues and problems, formulate and articulate goals, facilitate problem resolution and evaluate outcomes in a collaborative and creative manner
- Experience in proactively planning, developing and managing budgets
- Skilled in developing effective partnerships and alternative sources of funding
- Master degree from an accredited institution
- Administration or teaching experience in the education field (K12 or higher ed)
- Private sector agriculture production or industry association leadership
- Teaching experience in the Agricultural Science(s)
- Experience in curriculum development, planning and implementation
To be considered for this position, a complete online application is required. For complete information on this and other job opportunities, please visit our web site at http://jobs.chemeketa.edu.
We are an EO/AA/ADA institution