Associate Director, Parent Fundraising
The Associate Director, Parent Fundraising will report directly to the Director of Annual Giving and is a key member of the Institutional Advancement team who is responsible for developing the strategy and tactics to cultivate, solicit, and close gifts from parent prospects. S/he will serve as an internal subject matter expert on corporate and parent giving towards Pratt Institute and will regularly interact with the Director of Annual Giving and members of other departments to identify fundraising opportunities to support Institute revenue goals. In addition, the Associate Director, Parent Fundraising will manage a small portfolio of corporate prospects to be cultivated and solicited for funding priorities aligned with Pratt's needs.
- Assist the Director of Annual Giving with growing Parent Fundraising by managing timely, efficient, and meaningful front line fundraiser practices with a portfolio of Pratt parents.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit parent gifts and steward parent donors, focusing on raising dollars and increasing participation.
- Responsible for conducting a minimum of 120 visits annually to parents who are prospective donors.
- Develop and assist with parent engagement activities and cultivation events.
- Partner with development officers, academic leaders, and Student and Family support staff, on key initiatives, as necessary. Represent and attend, as appropriate key parent events such as Move In, Family Weekend, Commencement, and other programs as needed.
- Manages parent data transition and updating process from Admissions to IA with Operations team.
Participate in pipeline management with front line fundraisers and prospect management and research.
- Serve as a liaison to corporate prospects managing 5-10 key relationships. Create strategies to move them through the fundraising cycle.
- Identify additional corporate foundations in collaboration with prospect management and research with funding priorities aligning with Pratt's funding needs.
- Work collaboratively with Faculty, Deans, and Chairs to cultivate and steward new key corporate prospects, submitting high quality proposals, grant requests, letters, emails, and other fundraising communications to corporate foundations in support of fundraiser metrics.
- Assure timely and accurate reporting of grant and impact reports for assigned prospects.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Experience: Must have at least three years' experience in front line fundraising.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills as well as keen analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with diverse people and groups in multicultural environments.
- Proficiency in Raiser's Edge.
- Must have excellent research, writing, organizational and interpersonal communication skills; and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to perform duties in a quality service manner, effectively prioritize a large number of project and research requests, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and work as a member of a team.
- Must demonstrate inter-cultural competence with an understanding of the importance of diversity in higher education, as well as demonstrate ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.