Adjunct Counselor: English/Spanish Bilingual-WEOC
Department/Division/Location: Westchester Educational Opportunity Center (WEOC)
Responsibilities: Under general supervision of the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, the Adjunct English/Spanish Bilingual Counselor:
- Administers and interprets interest, aptitude and intelligence tests and conducts interviews to obtain information about personal, academic and work histories to determine students’ placement in programs and their service needs, with special emphasis on English/Spanish Bilingual students;
- Provides guidance and counseling related to personal, academic and work matters and provides intervention services when indicated;
- Works with other WEOC staff to assist in developing and monitoring student progress toward increasing effective retention and completion plans;
- Develops and monitors progress toward achieving educational and career plans with students;
- Provides crisis intervention referrals to external service agencies, when indicated;
- Monitors and evaluates students’ progress in class and takes appropriate action to address any concerns; and,
- Documents counseling, case management, educational and career planning and other student interventions in student files, as appropriate.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a non-specific field, a Master’s degree in Guidance Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, or closely related field, and 2 years of professional experience, preferably working with non-traditional adult learners. S/he must be fully fluent in reading, writing and speaking both English and Spanish, and must be flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced and high stress environment.
Position Effective: The position will remain open until filled
Hourly Rate of Pay: $43.56/hour. No benefits. This position is fully grant funded.
How to Apply:Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected] Please indicate CODE: IHE “Adjunct Counselor: English/Spanish Bilingual-WEOC” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, Administration Building – Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838.
Deadline for Applications:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
Apply for Adjunct Counselor: English/Spanish Bilingual-WEOC
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly