Dean of the College of Business
Montana State University Billings is accepting applications for a Dean of the College of Business. MSUB is seeking a visionary, collaborative, entrepreneurial, competent and successful academic leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Dean of the College of Business is the chief advocate for the mission and purpose of the college’s academic programs. The Dean of the College of Business promotes professional development, faculty research, and other scholarly and creative activity. The Dean’s responsibilities include leading the development, evaluation, and administration of the college curriculum on campus and online. The Dean must be an involved community leader, committed to building partnerships with business and industry, and play a central role in fundraising for the College of Business. The successful candidate will be a leader comfortable with delegating authority while maintaining accountability for results and will have sufficient administrative experience to provide inspiring leadership. The Dean reports to the Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and works in consultation with an open and innovative Deans’ Council.
Required Qualifications –
Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- A terminal degree from an accredited institution
- Proven leadership with progressively responsible administrative experience in a college of business
- Experience with AACSB reaccreditation activities
- Proven record of leadership and community engagement
- Knowledge of, and experience with, online educational programs and services
- Proven fiscal/budgetary experiences that demonstrate an understanding of the complexities of higher education and demonstrate the ability to develop, recommend, and administer the college budget
- Proven ability to advise the Provost/Vice Chancellor in academic, budget, facilities, and support matters
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and build relationships across disciplines and within the community
- Commitment to fundraising
- Proven commitment to engaging in the use of technologies that improve learning