- Communications Support
- Content development with focus on stories, marketing, & funding proposals Research & Scholarship Annual Report Deans scorecards Research reporting (internal & external) Research stories and blog Research and Grad Studies information sheets Research grants and foundation proposals Toolkits (grant support, promoting research, grad enrollment, etc.) Internal communications
- Website development (audit, strategy, organization, content, management, training) Department websites (ORSP, IPTTO, Grad Studies) Research project websites Lab websites Research & Scholarship main website Tech Transfer portal
- Social Media (strategy & content) Departmental social presence Research social presence Research translated for social (published papers in 280 characters) Network analysis
- Will help develop communication strategies to get faculty to engage in responsible conduct of research training, human subject compliance and academic advising clinics Market Research assist department(s) with market research related to: Student recruitment, Community outreach programs, Communication in areas of strategic growth, Individual will work with VPR to determine strategies for outreach to key alumni, friends and peers and develop a communication strategy that can enhance our reputational survey for ranking
- Individual will work with VPR to identify awards and DU faculty to nominate for prestigious honors, then manage to nomination package with the help of others in the deans, provost and chancellor's office. Program Design, Launch and Management Develop and conduct Faculty Workshops \Series on grant support using resources at DU
- Individual will be expected to research and develop article for foundation grantmaker educational journals and magazines in order to raise the visibility our signature areas
- Individual will likely work with faculty on large multidisciplinary grants that might go in for funding.
- Individual will help in the development of cohort training programs and especially serve as a coach for these cohorts on improving writing skills (not to overlap with copy edit services provided by VPR through writing center) Facilitation & Coaching (working with faculty)
- on 1 big idea and impact statement coaching, editing
- Message crafting
- Proposal writing and editing
- Interdisciplinary project management
- Individual will be the ORSP main contributor to the Public Impact Fellows program in conjunction with MarComm. This is a yearlong program developing faculty skills in communicating their research for public consumption and use
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications or Journalism
- 2-4 experience developing institutional communications strategies in order to communicate complex subject matter to a wide variety of audiences
- Experience coordinating communications in higher education
- Skilled in MS Office and Wordpress or related news/blog software
- Experience with writing in Associated Press Style
- Experience managing communications during crisis or emergency scenarios
- Experience with graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Drupal Module Developer
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) November 21, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.