Dean of the School of Business, Arts and Media
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, ARTS AND MEDIA
Cabrini University (https://www.cabrini.edu) is accepting applications for the position of Dean of the School of Business, Arts and Media. The University seeks an experienced leader who will report to the provost, serve as a member of the President’s Cabinet, and work effectively on- and off-campus to plan and execute strategic initiatives that advance the mission of the university and the school.
CABRINI UNIVERSITY MISSION AND STRUCTURE
Founded in 1957, Cabrini University is a residential Catholic institution in Pennsylvania, dedicated to academic excellence, leadership development, and a commitment to social justice. Cabrini University embodies an Education of the Heart by providing a liberal arts education mixed with hands-on learning, as well as a living and learning environment that develops leaders who can succeed professionally and contribute to their communities. Cabrini welcomes learners of all faiths, cultures, and backgrounds and prepares them to become engaged citizens of the world. The new Dean should be available to take office in the Spring 2019.
Located in Radnor, Pennsylvania, the university consists of the following four schools, which serve approximately 2400 students (1650 undergraduate):
- Business, Arts and Media
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Natural Sciences and Allied Health
THE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, ART AND MEDIA
The School of Business, Arts and Media is home to four academic departments – Business, Communication, Graphic Design and Fine Arts, and Leadership and Organizational Development – and the Center for Global Learning and the Nerney Leadership Institute. Four chairs, an assistant dean, and two directors report to the dean. The school hosts the following undergraduate majors and minors: accounting, business analytics, business management, communication, digital communication and social media, economics, entrepreneurship, event management, finance, graphic design, human resources management, international business, leadership studies, marketing, music, sports management, and studio art. The school also offers graduate programs leading to the Master of Accounting, Master of International Business, Master of Science in Leadership, and Doctorate in Organizational Leadership.
CABRINI’S DEDICATION TO DIVERSITY
Recognizing the national need for institutions of higher education to serve our increasingly diverse world, Cabrini has provided our faculty and staff with professional development focused on fostering culturally sensitive knowledge, awareness, and skills. Through curriculum improvements that teach basic college readiness and social justice issues, Cabrini is working to help students from all backgrounds to find their voice and a second home on campus.
These efforts have resulted in positive responses to ongoing recruitment activities, especially regarding the ethnic and racial diversity of our students. Our enrollment of African American students in our incoming freshman classes increased from 16% of the class in Fall 2014 to 24% of the class arriving in Fall 2017, and our enrollment of freshman Hispanic students rose from 6% to 16% during that same period.
Recognizing that diversity of all kinds is a vital aspect of the higher education learning process, Cabrini University is committed to building a more diverse faculty and staff community that reflects our student body and enhances the value of our student’s education. We welcome applications from candidates from all cultural, racial, and ethnic backgrounds, and we especially encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented groups.
REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES PERTAINING TO THE POSITION:
- Terminal degree in one of the academic disciplines represented in the school;
- Fit with the Cabrini Mission;
- Experience as an administrator in higher education as a department chair, associate dean, or dean;
- Record of at least 5 years as an accomplished teacher-scholar and service in higher education, and/or successful administrative experience in industry;
- Vision to continue to build a successful school within a dynamic liberal arts university;
- Multicultural sensitivity, awareness, and skills;
- Superb oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Commitment to shared governance, positive personnel development, transparent consultative processes, and consensus building.
- Capacity to collaborate with the provost and other academic deans to develop new undergraduate and graduate programs, increase interdisciplinary work across campus, and foster the creation of, and support for, innovative hybrid and online programs;
- Familiarity and experience meeting accreditation standards;
- Competency in academic assessment, budget management, academic planning, student recruitment and retention, revenue generation through enrollment growth and extramural funding, donor cultivation and fundraising, oversight of building and capital maintenance, and faculty and staff recruitment, professional development and performance review;
- Genuine concern for students and their needs;
- Experience with doctoral programs (preferable); and
- Outreach skills to have a productive presence in the business, arts and communications community in the Greater Philadelphia Region.
Hyatt – Fennell, Executive Search is assisting Cabrini University with this search. Application materials should be submitted via email to [email protected] and should include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references, submitted in separate documents. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and will be accepted until the position is filled. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential. Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
For more information:
Cheryl Hyatt - 724-242-0476