Assistant Director-Creative Services
Job Purpose: Lead and supervise activities related to the creative development and production of all marketing and promotional materials necessary to execute unit/group marketing campaigns. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.
- Collaborate with clients to determine marketing and promotional materials necessary to achieve strategic marketing objectives.
- Direct workflow and resource scheduling to ensure projects remain on-time and within budget.
- Perform and lead the idea generation, design, illustration and production of marketing and promotional materials for the unit/group.
- Supervise the development and production of all marketing and promotional materials including work contracted through external sources.
- Track, measure, and provide progress reports of marketing and promotional materials to clients.
- Ensure marketing and promotional materials are within Institute and unit policy and guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, or related field
- Work Experience: Four to five years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: Detailed oriented with strong analytical skills; experience in effectively setting priorities, handling multiple projects simultaneously, proactively problem-solving, and meeting deadlines.
Qualifications •Preferred Education: Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field. MBA or other Master's Degree.
•Preferred Work Experience: Marketing/Advertising Agency, Graphic Design
•Preferred Certifications: N/A
•Preferred Skills: Strong content, copy, writing, editing experience. Strong graphic skills including Adobe Suite. Strong personal skills in writing, graphic design, communications, and copy editing are required, as well as the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Additional Information: This role will lead the creative, content, and graphic design creation for the college. This position will work closely with both in-house and out-of-house graphic designers and content managers to provide overall messaging, look and feel, and branding for the College. This position requires the employee to work full-time in the office Monday-Friday 8AM to 5PM. This position also requires the employee's presence at occasional evening and weekend events as deemed necessary by the supervisor. The employee should also be able to lift and carry 20 lbs. for transportation of marketing materials, props, etc. as needed for off-site events.
Please attach 2 writing samples and 2 graphic design samples with your application.
Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please visit http://policylibrary.gatech.edu/employment/pre-employment-screening
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with staff and may interact with faculty, staff, and other stakeholders as necessary for projects. This position will report directly to the Scheller College of Business Director of Marketing and Communications. This position will supervise: assigned staff.
The Scheller College of Business at Georgia Tech is a great place to work. In addition to being a part of one of the world's top technological universities, we are thriving in the fast-growing business corridor of vibrant Midtown Atlanta. The College of Business adds unique breadth and depth to the campus by providing an integrated view of business and technology. Our culture is inquisitive, analytical, straightforward, open, collaborative, and we are passionate about our work. The College has approximately 2,000 students and 178 faculty and staff.