Part-Time Staff Assistant II, English
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Kingwood
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Kingwood, an innovative and dynamic community college located in the pine-forested suburbs of northeast Houston, has an opening for someone interested in working with a diverse group of colleagues who want to make a difference in the lives of students and grow professionally. Kingwood focuses on fulfilling individual dreams and enhancing community life and offers unique programs in respiratory care, computer gaming and dental hygiene.
Campus address is 20000 Kingwood Drive. Kingwood, Texas 77339-3801.
The Staff Assistant II performs standard and some advanced administrative duties. Duties include receiving and logging information, making copies, preparing correspondence and basic documents, answering routine questions and inquiries, maintaining databases and tracking data. He or She is responsible for providing departmental support by coordinating office activities and meetings to achieve optimum office productivity. He or She provides direct support to all division personnel.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, such as a personal computer, printer, photocopier, facsimile, scanner, or calculator
- Provide information & assistance with routine and non-routine task and resolves problems from a multiple of individuals/faculty and customers/students. Assist students, faculty, staff and visitors by handling their requests and providing routine information. Provide excellent customer service support
- Responsible for procurement, budget management, reconciling accounts while communicating with internal and external vendors. Monitor expenses charged against department accounts and track on budget spreadsheets. Reconcile ProCard and T&E card expenses as they post. Maintain budget report for purchases expensed, encumbered, and the remaining balance. Create all travel and expense reports for department staff. Responsible for requisitions and purchase orders. Responsible for ordering business cards for division staff
- Provide relevant technical support for students (with computers, laptops, phones, printers, copiers, and scanners)
- Manage inventory of assets and supplies, sourcing for suppliers (vendors) and submitting invoices
- Participate in developing new programs, maintaining departmental records, student files and other documents
- Create procedures for a variety of office duties to better streamline office functions
- Recruit, train, and supervise student workers
- Oversee Suite appearance through facilities department when needed
- Assist with Information Sessions, making sure that there is a sign in sheet, certificates, and signs being posted
- Submit marketing requests and work requests and take care of general maintenance requests for the division
- Order office and cashiering supplies to support daily operations
- Generate reports that help others track, evaluate, and complete tasks. The requests may come from or be assigned by manager, an instructor, or counselor in the division. These items may include but are not limited to syllabus and vitae checks, adjunct leave hours per instructors, important dates to e-mail to instructors like Official day and W day, rosters with telephone number, and academic advising rosters, etc.
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with common office software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are Word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High school diploma or GED
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Kingwood
Work Locations: 20000 Kingwood Dr (0200) , 20000 Kingwood Dr , Kingwood , 77339
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Kingwood - 02
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Nov 7, 2018, 10:20:35 PM