Asst Prof Clin Teaching Prac
University of Colorado - College of Nursing
Asst Professor Clinical Teaching Prac
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
College of Nursing has an opening for one full-time Faculty position within the psychiatric mental health specialty at the rank of Instructor, Sr. Instructor, or Assistant Professor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Teaching Track
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing has openings for one full-time Faculty position within the psychiatric mental health specialty at the rank of Instructor, Sr. Instructor, or Assistant Professor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Teaching Track. Rank will be determined based on experience and qualifications. The successful candidates will have recent psychiatric mental health nursing experience and a track record of excellence in academic teaching. Responsibilities include participation in the teaching, practice, and service mission of the College of Nursing and the University of Colorado. Demonstration of academic leadership such as curricular/program development is preferred. A portion of the position may be devoted to clinical practice depending on the candidate's experience and expertise. Within the College of Nursing, service and scholarship to the University and the College are an expectation of all faculty members.
This full-time position involves didactic and clinical teaching responsibilities. Didactic courses are taught in the classroom, online, or in blended formats. Supervision of clinical courses includes clinical conferences using online conferencing and close communication with clinical preceptors.
- Instruct and facilitate meaningful learning of the course outcomes in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the learning environment.
- Provide education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace.
- Encourage a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning, diversity and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
- Participate in activities that promote the stature of the academic programs and the College of Nursing as well as abide by the mandates set by the University of Colorado, and the College of Nursing.
- Devotes 20% to clinical practice to assist with preceptorship or remediation and evaluation of undergraduate students.
- Accepts teaching assignments within the College of Nursing as determined by Assistant/Associate Dean.
- Participates in course, curricular and program revisions / development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to proficiently perform within a system designed to implement integrated, inter-professional models of care delivery and evaluation of student outcomes.
- Strong collaborative nature
- Highly organized skill set
- Student and patient centered
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Masters in Nursing
- Experience in psychiatric mental health nursing
- Eligible for Colorado State Advanced Practice Nursing License, in good standing.
- Qualified for rank of Instructor, Senior Instructor or Assistant Professor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Teaching Track
- Hold current ANCC certification as an Advanced Practice Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Eligible for provisional or full prescriptive authority in the state of Colorado.
- Experience in teaching psychiatric mental health nursing courses.
- Clinical or teaching experience with psychiatric mental health
- Doctorate degree in Nursing, such as DNP or PhD
- Demonstration of academic leadership such as curricular/program development
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by July 20, 2018. Those who do not apply by 07/20/2018 may or may not be considered. Questions should be directed to Amy Hester via [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14111
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: Jul 10, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Amy Hester
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00007842